|Latin name:||Stegotetrabelodon syrticus|
| • Mammal Meat|
• Hard Bone
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Miocene Elephant is a very large animal found in small herds in the Savanna region. The Miocene Elephant is perhaps the most difficult animal in the game to interact with due to its size and temperament. They do not give much warning before attacking, unlike the other Irascible Threats who warn a Hominid thoroughly before charging.
Combat[edit | edit source]
The Miocene Elephant is a very large animal that appears to be grazing in small herds. Don't let this fool you! Elephants are very territorial and will attack with little to no warning. Great care should be taken if you decide to engage in combat with one of these animals. The Elephant uses their large size to trample over a threat to inflict Injury. Being a very large animal, the elephant is the most confident animal in the game and it is very hard to intimidate even holding weapons. It is even difficult to intimidate an elephant with a group of hominids with weapons.
If you do decide to attack, use the best weapons you can acquire. It is recommended to use Sharpened Sticks first, Sticks next, and as a last resort rocks or hard tools. The more damage you can do from a distance, the better. They have a very large amount of health and it will take multiple strikes to take down this large animal. Be aware that while it would normally take multiple successful attacks to kill this animal, if you have enough combat neurons you can actually kill an elephant with one sharpened stick if you're lucky.
Carcass[edit | edit source]
The Miocene Elephant Carcass provides Mammal Meat and Hard Bone when it is butchered. The carcass can be butchered three times. To butcher a carcass more than once, all the items dropped from the previous butchering must be picked up.
Interactions With Other Animals[edit | edit source]
When different animals get in close proximity to each other, they can attack and kill each other. Animals can fight each other on their own or you can cause them to move nearer to each other to initiate combat. Some of these methods are intimidation to scare them towards another animal, have them chase you and you run past another animal, or perform a dodge and the animal runs towards another animal.
When animals fight each other, a cut-scene will play showing one animal attacking and killing the other. There are a large number of Evolution Feats that deal specifically with trying to cause animals to fight and kill each other.
The Miocene Elephant is a very formidable foe that can hold its own against all animals it interacts with.
Can Kill[edit | edit source]
The Miocene Elephant can kill a large number of animals. The Astute Dominator of the Elephant is the evolution feat that deals with the kills the elephant can perform.
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the African Buffalo
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Thorbjarnarson's Crocodile
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Eastern Green Mamba
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Black Mamba
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Hyena
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Black-Backed Jackal
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill a Machairodus
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the African Rock Python
- Made the Miocene Elephant kill the Miocene White Rhinoceros
Can Be Killed By[edit | edit source]
The Miocene Elephant is such a formidable foe that no other animal can match it in combat. It will kill other animals that invade its territory but it won't seek out combat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ancestors marks just the second appearance of Stegotetrabelodon in popular culture, with the first being its appearance in the PBS documentary, When Whales Walked: Journeys in Deep Time, also released in 2019.
- Stegotetrabelodon is a genus of extinct gomphothere-like primitive elephant that lived in Africa during the Late Miocene and Early Pliocene epochs.